Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh what a week

Hello, my name is Brandi and yes I am a first time mother. I say this because this last week, Eleanor rolled over in her sleep. GREAT, news....oh but yet how nerve racking for me. I don't think I slept much the first two nights because I was, yes that first time mom, and afraid she would get stuck in a corner. YIKES!!! Little did I know, our little girl would embrace sleeping on her stomach. She loves it, oh my how quickly she is growing up, yes growing up and she's only 5 1/2 months old.

Last week also provided for some pure comedy for mom. I am a runner, regardless of how I might huff and puff. I am a morning running no matter how I might look like a coal miner with my head light on my head. One morning running down the sidewalk, I don't have my headlight on my head, it's still dark out, I do the embarrassing deed of the day. FALL, TRIP, EAT ASPHALT, all those good words which describe my landing on my knee and hand. Not to be worried about, I quickly get up and keep running. OF COURSE I am fine. If you call my bleeding knee cap and scraped hand fine, I was not going to admit I was hurt, why, my PRIDE. So I just kept running and yes everything was fine.


1 comment:

  1. I told you she would be just fine sleepin on her belly!! Most babies sleep so much better like this, but I do understand your worry. I was the same with Pax.

    ReplyDelete